Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing from SCO Unixware to a HP4100n Network Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicknw

Programmer
Dec 6, 2002
GB
Hi,

New to SCO, but I've been tasked with sorting out a print problem.

A colleage has added a HP4100n to network. Trying to print to this printer from SCO. Printing occurs, but all on one line, as if CR/LF not being recognised.

Anybody come across a similar problem, or can offer any ideas?

Regards,

N*

Not much to go on here, but what kind of printer driver is being used? How was it added, via command, scoadmin, etc.

[tt]Is it stair
stepping like
this?[/tt]

Or is it all on one line? You have have to run it through the unix2dos filter to add the CR after each LF. Annihilannic.

What happens if you add -T pcl to the lp command options?

Otherwise, the interface script needs to send

<esc>&k2G at the beginning of the print job.

Jim Asman Jim Asman
jlasman@telus.net

Also the printer can probably be configured for to behave differently when it receives Carriage Returns and Line Feeds (CR-LF). Probably set through the printer's menu system.

1.) Create a local printer in scoadmin
2.) rlpconf
A.) Use the same name created above and setup as a network printer. You may want to upddate /etc/hosts with an IP address for the Print server, before you start rlpconf.
3.) mkdev rlp (If you do not have rlpconf installed)

I run into allot of these you can:

A. Set the printer up through the hp printer utility and not scoadmin printer manager.

B. Set the printer to AUTO CONVERT LF->CR which needs to be done from the printer itself, I have done it both ways.

-Aseidas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back