Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing from Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexB2

MIS
Apr 26, 2004
CA
Hi.

I have Meridian Mail release 12 on an Option 11. I would like to be able to capture the distribution lists but I do not want 'print screens' of the menu driven Meridian Mail screens.

I have an HP700/32 terminal which supports a printer connection using a H875750A adapter with a BC16E-10 cable (from what the Meridian Mail 12 Card Option Installation and Maintenance manual tells me). I asked my vendor for the adapter and cable, but they have no idea what it is or where to get it.

I access voice mail by logging into the switch and then typing AX.

25-pin serial cables can support two send/receive channels. Does the serial line between the PBX and the HP terminal use both channels on the 25-pin RS-232 cable to allow printing on the second channel? If so, does Procomm support this? I'm not currently using Procomm..

Alex

procomm will handle this problem, i can't be of much help because of your system type, card option mail has a little diff setup and the seer printer is attached full time to a dumb term. i don't use the term (scripts don't work) my mail is an alt tab away from my 81 in procomm. i don't have a seer printer on line i just check my seers one a week and take care of them. you could send them to a file if you wanted to make that a default printer, but i can't see a help in 1000's of lines of txt that i only want to see small parts of. btw.. have you discovered how powerful scripts are in procomm?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John.

I'll give Procomm a try!

Alex

I was able to get printing working with another terminal program (ZOC).

I found out that printing is done using special VT codes. It has nothing to do with the second data channel on the serial line. Most terminal programs that support VT102 should be able to print to a printer or a file..

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back