Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing from dos app on Vista to networked 2008 server printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kempy4321

MIS
Sep 16, 2004
US
I have a client who is using an old DOS based application for their business. I recently installed a new Windows 2008 server for them and set up all their printers to be shared from the server. Anyone who is using an XP workstation is able to print from the app to the networked printers no problem. They have a Vista station with the same app, but when we try to print from it to the same network printer the job doesn't come out. I see it hit the printer queue on the server, but after a second it disappears and nothing prints. I've tried changing drivers, etc but no luck. What did work was sharing out a printer on an XP workstation and having the app point to that to print, then it comes out no problem. But I don't want to use that as a permanent fix. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to make it go from the Vista machine to the 2008 server and then to the printer as it should?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back