Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing from DOS app in W2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hey.....I've got an old DOS app i need to print from in W2k. The only option it asks for is the printer port, which is Lpt1. It prints out, but not the graphics, only the ascii characters. i need to somehow get it to print the graphics for the reports it generates. any ideas?

w2k +SP2
1.0 ghz, 256 MB RAM
HP 697c or Lexmark 5039

app:
MELSEC MEDOC

Sorry, but i think the methods used by the DOS app to send data to the printer is outdated. Probably the print processor in use by default TEXT, i am not sure. Try changing the print processor from the property page of the printer.

arcanist

Hi

Try setting up a new "Generic/Text Only" printer. When you add a new printer and need to choose what type it is it will appear under the heading Generic for the Manufacturer.

Does it print other DOS reports OK and is the problem just with the graphics.

As a last resort, if there is a print to screen option in the DOS app you could use a screen capture program like "Hardcopy" or consider booting the PC straight into DOS from a floppy disk for have a dual boot setup on the PC.

Regards

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back