Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing from Desktop in Illustrator 9.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

russl

Technical User
Jul 21, 2001
US
We have recently upgraded to Illustrator 9.0.2 and have run into a very annoying problem. We can't print from the MAC Desktop anymore by selecting multiple files and pressing Command + P. The first file will open and print and then nothing. I don't have a problem doing this in Illustrator 8.0 so I am guessing the problem lies with 9.0.2. All machines are running MAC OS 9.0.4 or 9.1. Any thoughts?

--russl

havnt seen that one before. If you have desktop printer set up correctly (PPD and all) try dragging the documents over the printer icon.

Thanks for the response. I did try that already and it will not work either. Dragging a group of files over to the Desktop Printer only results in sending the 1st file to print. Even if I stop the queue only the 1st file will be spooled and held. As I said before it works perfectly fine in 8.0.1 but no go in 9.0.2. It is frustrating.

AI 9 has delivered quite a few stinkers. Ever tried to sample color from a placed image? How undoing a point average? The darn thing selects the whole object instead of the points you averaged! Only other thing I can think of is use the latest AdobePS desktop printer. Only reason I think that is because Indesign only prints to those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back