Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printing from adobe reader 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

catbert

Technical User
May 1, 2003
GB
Hi,
I am trying to print a document from adobe reader 8 but I am losing the bottom few lines of the documnet. In the print dialog box I have noticed this error only occurs where the document size is larger than the paper size (as displayed under the preview image).

Does anyone know if this is something that can be altered in adobe reader as I have been unable to find a setting which works? I can zoom out and print - but this then creates an image which does not fill the whole page as it should, and makes some of the text too small to read so is not acceptable. Or do I need a full version of adobe for this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

In the Print Menus, can you play with the Page Scaling; Fit to Printable Area or Shrink to Printable Area?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a brand NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Hi Skip, thanks for the reply

yes I can adjust these settings and have tried this, I can get the whole thing to print but it is too small to read once it fits, and it looks very poor as the art work is designed to fit edge to edge. It printed fine like this as a test run before it was converted to pdf however so it is not an issue with the printer.

I am hoping to find someone with a full version of adobe acrobat to try to fix it, but I was hoping to find a way to do it myself - much quicker!

CB

If you haven'y already, you can also try Foxit Reader. It has quite a few parameters you can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back