Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Excel data through forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc92

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2003
I want to create a work order form in excel, then print multiple work orders using data from another data worksheet. Is this possible in Excel? Or do I need to use Word's mail merge or use Access?

I can't seem to find the answers in the online help system for Office.

I am using Office 2000 Pro.

Thanks!

Word or Access may be easier, but you can do it in Excel if you want to.

Assuming your data worksheet is in the standard Excel list format (one row per record, fields in columns), You can use the INDEX function when setting up your Work Order "form" (I put form in quotes because you would not be using an actual VBA form, just setting up the worksheet for printing.) With the INDEX function, you can reference the data by row and column, hard-coding the column numbers for which data goes where, and referencing a single cell on the
"form" worksheet to set the row.

You can then set the row, print, set the row, print, etc. (You can also record a macro to do that for you -- with some tweaking -- and do all of your work orders automatically by running the macro, if you want to.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back