Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printing emails GW 5.5 - some give error

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurzil

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
GB
On one user's mailbox, when he tries to print some of his emails, the print box appears, but the buttons at the bottom aren't there at all!

Then he gets an error:

Grpwise caused an ipf in module "unknown"

He clicks close, then he gets multiple:

Grpwise caused an ipf in module mfc42.dll
Groupwise then shuts itself down

I've uninstalled groupwise, ran the Cleaning Agent, and reinstalled it as workstation install. replaced his kernel32.dll as he started getting the same errors in this file. And I have deleted all temp files.
I have also ran maintenance on his mailbox, which came back fine

And still when he tried to print these same emails, he gets the above happening all over again.

Has anyone out there had something similar???

Is it the same emails all the time that he's trying to print out? Those emails may be corrupted on the Post Office side, then... have you tried running a repair on his GW database? Jennifer Sigman
Code-borrower extraordinaire
"They call us public servants for a reason..."

If this User logs onto the NetWork from a completely different workstation, does the User still have the same issues?

If he does, you know the problems has to do with the mailbox and what is in it.

If he does not have problems, you know the issue has something to do with the workstation software.

Goos Luck!

I have logged into a different PC as him, and the problem is still there.

What I have found is that the 2 emails causing this were from the same person, and had attachments.
Resent without the attachments was fine

It does look like these 2 attachments were corrupted somehow.
I also learnt something else today - i've started installing mcafee 4.5.1 on desktops. Other people started having problems with Groupwise, hanging or error 8201 (access denied). Looks like I have to exclude wphost.db from being scanned and everything is OK now! Just a bit of handy info

thanq both for replying!

Regarding Virus Scanning Programs and GroupWise...

All GroupWise messages are encrypted within .DB files and are unable to be scanned by virtually all Virus Applications... unless the Virus Applications are very specific to GroupWise! (... and there are not many out there!)

If you are running McAfee NetShield on your GroupWise Server, remove it or exclude the entire MAIL Volume and/or its Directory structure from being scanned.

The same goes for the Client software. The only thing different with the client software is when you actually open an attachment at the client level, that attachment CAN be scanned for Viruses.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back