Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing DataWindows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cullenward

Programmer
Jun 1, 2006
US
I have a report that on occassion will have multiple pages and need to print it w/o Collate. Several copies of each report are printed and the paper is color coded for who it goes to so on the multi-page reports it needs to print all the copies of page 1, then all the copies of page 2 then all the copies of page 3, etc.

I have tried setting collate to false, true, "no", "yes" and get the same results. I have also tried getting the total number of pages in the report, setting the print range to that single page and when I try to print it prints all the pages.

I'm running out of ideas here, can anyone else offer any suggestions?

Thanks

What syntax are you using to set the data window's print properties? Is it something like:

dw_control.Object.DataWindow.Print.collate = FALSE

If you're just using datawindow.print.collate = FALSE, that might be what's causing the problem.

I was doing dw_control.object.datawindow.print.collate = FALSE.

I tried several things and variations to this, and finally had to re-create the datawindow and do some filtering with that, use the collate and override print options (which wasn't available in 8).

Thanks for the reply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back