Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Crystal reports on Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebykuriakose

Programmer
May 30, 2000
US
We are using Crystal reports 6.0 in our company for reporting. WHen we try to print reports on Windows Terminal Server on Windows 2000, we are not able to print a report . <br><br><br>It gives an error called SQL server not found.<br><br>The versions of crystl32.ocx is 6.1.0.609.<br>The version of crpe32.dll is 6.0.1.151<br>The version of crpaig32.dll is 5.0.0.1<br><br>Has it something to do with these versions and terminal server on Win 2000.<br><br>If not what can be the possible causes

As even V8 of Crystal Reports will not be Win2000 compatible until SCR8 MR1, you could be setting yourself up for a lot of grief in trying to v6 to work.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you upgrade to V8, at least you'll get some help from Seagate in getting it to work on Windows 2000, and some (albeit not complete) assurance that it will indeed work someday when MR1 comes out.&nbsp;&nbsp;Plus V8 is much faster, when it does work on Win 2K. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Hi,<br><br>Thanks Malcolm for your prompt reply <br><br>This message not only appears in Windows 2000 Advanced Server build 5.00.2195, but also under Windows 4.0 Terminal Server Edition running SP5 build 419.&nbsp;&nbsp;The client is generated from the server and appears to be version 5.00.2195.1. <br><br>Is there any other reason.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>eby

We have a Citrix Terminal Server that I tried installing some Crystal reports on (version 7 MR1), and I got a similar error.&nbsp;&nbsp;(I don't remember exactly what it was, this was a few months ago.)&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>I logged the problem with Seagate tech. support, and was told that this is not a supported platform, but they would be willing to work with me.&nbsp;&nbsp;I didn't pursue it further at that time (instead I looked more into Web-based reporting), but may try again soon, so if you learn anything I would be interested.<br><br>This is probably unrelated to the SQL Server connection, but I suspect that Terminal Server has some problems with the .CRF files that the reports use.&nbsp;&nbsp;This file keeps the window and printer settings, so under terminal server, each person should have his/her own copy of this, just like they have their own .ini files, etc. for other applications.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Mary<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back