Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing collated multipage pdfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue808

Technical User
Feb 11, 2011
US
Has anyone found a way to print multiple copies of multiple page pdfs that are collated correctly?

Are you trying to print several individual PDF's in order, with multiple copies of the result ? If this is a one-time job, you could combine those separate PDF's into a single PDF, and print however many copies you need.

Fred Wagner

Fred,
I have a 7 page pdf and when I print multiple copies, I have to manually collate the 7 pages for each set that I print.

This sounds like a function of the printer you're using, and perhaps the configuration of the document. Letter-size document ? Single or Double sided ? Are you telling it to print 'All' or Pages 1-7, then setting the copy count to 7? How many copies of the document are you printing ? Is it set up for booklet printing?
What version of Acrobat ? and what make/model of printer, local or networked?
(sorry for all the questions, but I've not seen the problem before, and I do print multi-page PDF's fairly often, and they come out collated for me...)

Fred Wagner

letter, single sided, print all, from Adobe Reader 9.0, 5 copies, not set up for booklet, HP5550, network. if i print 1 copy it comes out correctly

I don't have an HP5550 to compare with, but I noticed on my Lexmark system at home this weekend, there are TWO places to specify the number of copies, the top or 'outer' one on the Printer page where I specify All or Current View, etc, and another down deeper where I tell it to print double-sided and how the Double sided will be oriented. It sounds like you may be choosing the number of copies down too deeply. Try leaving the number of copies in the double-sided selection at one, and make your selection at the outer-most spot.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back