Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing cheques shows up blank to laser printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

liable

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2002
Just got a new printer and am trying to print cheques to a laser printer but it shows up blank on screen and on paper that is printed out. Here is some info for anyone with a clue:

Useing windows xp pro
printer a HP laserjet 1300
net use lpt2: \\computername\printername /persistent:yes
(network printer obviously)
accpac dos 7.0 payroll

A friend told me it might be that the printer does not have 16-bit drivers, does this sound right?

If so is there a work around that anyone knows?

Any help would be greatly appriciated

liable

I'm not sure from your description but you need to make sure that you have set up a capture port to capture the output of lpt2 by Windows. Try printing something from the DOS Edit program.

You might also try going to Plus' HP II driver. There's nothing complex coming from Plus and your HP1300 will be able to handle that driver.

Good luck,

Django

Where is "Plus' HP II driver"? I am not sure where you are refering to. Is it a windows driver Plys HPII?

When you are in Plus you can press F3 go to Printer Setup and then Printers. Find your printer and press tab to see the configuration options for the printer including the driver being used.

Django

Still no luck. I tried every Plus HP driver from II to 5
and still blank. I noticed though when I print to screen it is also blank. Do you know why it would be blank on the screen as well?

Has anyone run into this issue or know the cause of this?

Liable

You might try going back to a standard check specification file. Perhaps there is something within the one you're using that causing issues.

Can you print from other parts of ACCPAC?

Django

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back