Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Blue not Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswilson16

Programmer
Nov 20, 2001
US
Hi all, I have a HP Business Ink Jet 2200. This is a 4 year old printer. Of late there have been a lot of problems with it. The latest one is that when a user prints something black it will print as blue. The quality is very poor.

I got an error msg the other day that the Print Heads needed cleaning. So I have cleaned all of them and they are 'sparkling'. But this has not solved the problem. Does any one have any ideas how to bring the printer back to functional.

This is a very urgent matter as it is the only printer that we currently have.

Thanks in advance

Mswilson

The print head may be clean, but they also may be damaged. Printing blue and only blue is no doubt a hardware problem. If you desperately need a printer, i'd say go find a cheap Lexy from someplace. You will probably get better resolution being that your current HP printer is 4 years old since most printers now are at least 4800x1200 as far as i've seen on the shelves usually

Also on some inkjets there is a resivour were the ink goes to be fused onto the page. If it is clogged it may only be letting the blue go through. I have had that happen on a couple Epson Stlus printer before.

thanks guys,

I am now addressed with another problem of HP no longer supports this printer :-( I am trying to track down a new black print header. Not having much luck.

do you know where the clogging would be on a HP??

Is this a single cartridge or multi-cartridge printer? How did you clean the print head? Have you used the "Utility" page to run diagnostics? Do a Google search for "printer repair". There is a site that helps you trouble shoot and repair your printer. I used it to fix an Epson with a missing part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back