Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing and Editing files in Unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayyabq8

Programmer
Nov 20, 2004
KW
Hi,

I am quite new to Unix, I want to know about printing techniques like (Managing Printing Queues, Managing Spoolers and all relevant commands), and I also want to know about the productive use of vi in Unix, Unix help is not helping me a lot for vi.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Muhammad Tayyab

It's a big topic. I suggest you do a Google search for an intruction to vi, and/or get a decent beginner's book. There's really no point in our writing reams of information here as a tutorial (though others may feel differently), but by all means post back with specifics.

Hi Cen,

Thanks for your reply, I know these are quite big topics, but I am not saying you to provide help to me here, I have just generated this thread to get a beautiful helping link to these topics, I can search on Google, but if any body has some good links with him can he provide me with those.

Regards,

Muhammad Tayyab

I would suggest a book "unix for dummies". It has good generalized information.

What specific flavor are you involved with? Other users may be able to advise better resources.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back