Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing an InDesign book w/portrait & landscape pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith385

Technical User
Nov 22, 2006
US
My InDesign book is composed of landscape & portrait documents. When I try to print from the InDesign book ALL the pages become portrait. (The information that is originally layed out on a landscape page, stays landscape, but the page it is on turns to portrait. Thus, cutting half the table off.

Is there an option that I'm supposed to select before creating the booklet in InDesign or before printing from InDesign in order to maintain the page orientation?

Your best bet is to set up the project in standard portrait mode and rotate any content when landscape orientation is necessary.

To automatically rotate landscape would mean the application would have to know to automatically rotate landscape pages with odd page numbers 90 degrees counterclockwise and even page numbers the opposite while retaining the proper orientation for portrait pages. When you then take things like bleed settings, etc. trying to do that automatically would get a bit dicey.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Thank you for your help, but I guess I don't understand why the print command can not understand that the original pages are set up landscape and some are portrait. If I was to print the documents individually, without making them into a book, the printout prints them what ever page layout I have them in. But when I print the collection of documents as a book then all the documents loose their page setups and default to portrait.

any clarification would help greatly.
thanks.

I just found out how to do it.
When printing your book, export out to PDF.
This will retain the page layout for each document within the book.
Yea!!!!!
Thanks everyone :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back