Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing A Web Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADEMAR

Programmer
Apr 20, 2002
US
I'm suprised this issue never came up for anyone else. People that are surfing my site and are trying to print out some schedule pages are telling me that the data is being truncated when it prints. Is there any way to justify what areas only to print on certain pages. Actually if there is something even simpler I could do to not truncate I would prefer that instead. Thanks

Adam

You don't say where it's truncating, but I assume it's off the right margin. If you put your page content inside an invisible table and set the table properties to 100%, it'll readjust itself for the printer automatically.

Linda Adams
Linda Adams/Emory Hackman Official Web site Official web site for actor David Hedison:

Thank your Garridon, your help is always appreciated!

Garridon,
I still can't seem to print correctly. As per your previous post the data is being cutt off (truncated) on the right. I am using an invisible table. What exact field needs to be set to 100% in table properties. I set Specify width and Specify height to 100%. They both have a check in there corresponding boxes. I applied these changes and still does not print correctly.

Adam

Two things to try -

This truncation is caused by the buttons on the left hand side eating up too much space. Can you move them to the top or somewhere? Make them smaller?

Option 2 -

Provide a button entitled "Printer Friendly". A click to this link opens a new page that contains ONLY the schedule. By printing this page, people won't print the navigation on the left.

Thanks for the ideas flinch I will try . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back