Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing a report on client's printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Dear friends,
I have a problem.
I need to print a report on client's printer and don't know how to do it in PHP (javascript or something else would be OK too). For one page it is easy, but if I have more pages, I need to print header and footer on each page. Header consists of picture (company logo)and little table (one or two rows).
Problem would be easy solvable if there would be a PHP function which could determine end of "printed" page.
If You can help with this or You have some other idea please respond.
Thanks!

cheat and use java within the page - normally I'll do a link to a "printable version" and add all of the control to that plus any watermarks etc. ______________________________________________________________________
There's no present like the time, they say. - Henry's Cat.

for that i use JS

prepare a standard page with the data you want to print, then, just do a window.open() anywhere in the page to start print.

In the page opened, just put in the body tag

<body ... onLoad=&quot;window.print()&quot;>

then, in the end of the load of the page, the browser starts printing.
Anikin
Hugo Alexandre Dias
Web-Programmer
anikin_jedi@hotmail.com

You might want to check to see if the browser supports the print() javascript function before you use it. It could crash browsers that don't support it. You can also use cascading style sheets to make page breaks where you want them but this only works in ie 4.x and above. I'm not sure about the newer Netscape or Mozilla browsers, as of 4.x it didn't work.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back