Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing a different page

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKTodd

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
US
The graphics displayed on my page do not print well when the user attempts to print the page. I am using the following code:
<INPUT onClick=&quot;window.print()&quot; type=&quot;button&quot; value=&quot; Print &quot;>

I created a .pdf file from the graphic, to be used for printing. How do I modify the window.print function to print the pdf file instead of the current window?

Similar problem!

Internal website that uses a frameset needs javascript print function.

Function to be triggered from menu frame(top) to print contents of main frame(bottom). Their is a problem! The main frame(bottom) may contain an embedded object (using the embed tag) pdf file or an embedded (using iframe) excel file as well as regular htm(l) files.

Though I am able to print regular htnl files but not the embedded objects like excel and pdf docs!!

Script must be able to detect and print these files. I am unable to solve this. Please help me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back