Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing a catalog to my Epson 740i outputs diff. colors. why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chago1971

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2004
PR
Im printing a proof of a 28 pages catalog design using my Epson 740i. All images are 300dpi CMYK. In Photoshop they printout perfectly, but from the document (from Quark) the printed piece came out with very-uncalibrated colors. (ie. the greens are almost bluish, and the yellows are almost lime green).

Well I suppose there most be some setting in Quark (a color profile perhaps) that may fix this. Or it isnt?

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try making a PDF then printing that.
Also Make sure you are have at least Acrobat 5 as Acrobat 4 doesn't seem to handle colour profiles.
Make sure your photoshop, Acrobat and printer all have the same colour profile selected, also make sure you are using Epson paper (because that makes a big difference). See if that helps.

Marcus

Also you will find big differences outputting as RGB or CMYK, due to the Epson software. I have used Adobe's PressReady (no longer supported, alas) very successfully to simulate press proofs using CMYK output setting. After a little setup, things went very well.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back