Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing 2 separate documents with continuing page numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

csr

Programmer
Jul 20, 2000
I have some vfp code in which I have created a Word Document via automation and when I print it I would like to attach another existing Word document to the end of that document and print it with the page numbers continuing as though it was a part of the first document. The second document may have it's own separate header and completely different fonts, etc. from the first document.

Anyone have a suggestion for this ?

Don

Have you ried the old stand-by method of recording a Macro while doing what you want in Word. And then, when complete examining the macro's VBA code to see how it is being done?

Then by converting the VBA code to VFP code you can develop a Word Automation utility to do what you want.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Hi Don,

I won't try and write the code, but basically you need to insert a section break, and then do an Insert / Document. If you macro-record that from within Word, you should get close to the result you want.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back