Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printf/cout problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnCoutts

Programmer
Jul 4, 2006
CA
I am using the Turbo C++ Explorer IDE, and I need to print some statements to aid in my debugging endeavours. I have written out the statements, and they even compile correctly, but for some reason i cannot seem to figure out where the output goes. The logical place would be for it to go to the event log window, but it does not go there either.
What am I missing here?

I have not used turbo c++ but..

instead of using cout etc..can you not write the messages to disk file and then check the file after the run...?

Hope this helps!

Regards

BuilderSpec

I agree with BuilderSpec. A file output is a little more permanent. However, if you are running a Windows program and you want a screen report, you might be better off using messages instead of cout, etc. Windows tends to hide output not sent through a Windows API. Try MessageBox or MessageDlg.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

i ended up doing it both ways, it wasnt the most effective, but it helped me to diagnose where/why my code was crashing. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back