Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidrol

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2004
NO
Hi, I want to print sevral things with one click, how do I make a duplicate of the printer object? The only way i'm able to print anything is with printer.function ..

Thomas

A simple method would be to create a procedure for each print job and then call them in sequence from the click event.

Code:
Private Sub Command1_Click()
  'call all print jobs
  Print_Job1
  Print Job2
End Sub

Private Sub Print_Job1()
  Printer....
  Printer...
End sub

You can also create a separate report for each job, with a reporting tool, and call each one of them separatly.

zemp

This wasn't exactly what I had in mind..I need to refer to the printer object as two different objects. Because I have to split up some text and print a little text on each paper.

>I need to refer to the printer object as two different objects. Because I have to split up some text and print a little text on each paper.

Do you mean...
[tt]
Printer.Print "test page 1"
Printer.EndDoc
Printer.Print "text page 2"
Printer.EndDoc
[/tt]
which will print one line to two different pages from the same printer or are you looking to print to two different printers?

Please read FAQ222-2244 to help you formulate a well formed question so that we all can understand what it is you are trying to do.

Good Luck

Hi, and thanks for the reply. I will try to describe the process.
-
loop
printer1.print Fullname and other information
printer1.newpage
printer1.enddoc
printer2.print fullname
end loop
printer2.enddoc
-
printer1 and printer2 will be printing on the same printer.
Hope this was better formulated.

So then what you want to do is...
[tt]
printer.print "test page 1"
Printer.NewPage
Printer.Print "text page 2"
Printer.EndDoc
[/tt]

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search