Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printer's marks on pdf 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

angler2229

Technical User
May 3, 2002
US
I have some PM files that I need to print at 71% original size with printer's marks. Does anyone know if there is a way to include the printer's marks when printing from a pdf using Adobe Reader 5.0?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi, angler2229,

The printer's marks and scaling values are set from the PM print menu.

Then print to File using the PS driver and convert the output to a PDF using Distiller.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

John,

I am using a Taylor PPD supplied by Taylor Publishing in Dallas, TX. I was able to set the printer's marks and scaling in the print menu. The Print button changed to a Save button. Then I distilled the file using File> Export> Adobe pdf. However the printer's marks are not present in the distilled file.

I know I must be leaving some important steps out.

Daniel

angler2229 said:
The Print button changed to a Save button
That's OK. Click save and you will be asked for a location where the file should be saved.

Then load up Distiller, open the saved the PostScript output and convert it to PDF.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

John,

That worked great! My error was that I did not realize I had to launch Adobe Distiller. I thought everything would work from PM.

Thanks so much for your help!

Daniel

Thanks - good to hear when it all goes well.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back