Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printers Keep Unpublishings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mritorto

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2002
US
I have a problem with printers disappearing in active directory.

This is what the event view shows on my print server

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Print
Event Category: None
Event ID: 42
Date: 12/19/2002
Time: 1:14:37 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: DCJC2
Description:
Printer Canon Copier South was successfully unpublished.

I resolve the problem for a shore period of time by restarting the spool service.

Any help would be great

Hi Mritorto
As much as I hate to say it doesn't look like a "Microsoft" problem.
It appears that your printer( more likely a Mopier ) is just going into power conservation mode and doesn't respond to the network request in time, I have had similar problems With Xerox MFPs, Sometimes you may have to power these down to get them back.
Try changeing the timeout on the printer, or if you are lucky it will have a wake-on-LAN setting.
This "may " help.
If all else replace them with real "Hewlett Packard" printers.

John Iriye
Millennium Health Group
iriyejm@i-mhg.com

I have the same problems with hp printers

marc

Not sure if we got the same thing but the we recently had a problem whereby all of our printers were unpublished. We found the following Microsoft article:

Even though I don't believe this is what happened to us because I couldn't trace a DC that had gone offline for more than 24 hours, I've still disabled Printer Pruning all the same. You might want to look into it and see if it helps.

Cheers, Antony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back