Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printers in dirty environments

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheida

IS-IT--Management
Sep 2, 2005
US
Does anybody have any suggestions on HP printers that work particularly well in dirty/dusty environments? Ones that don't?

I've had two HP CLJ 2600's last less than a year each in a pretty dusty environment. Given their location and work load, I would say this is ok performance but I'm hoping to find something better.

Part of the problem, I think, with the CLJ 2600 is that it has a "life time fuser" in it. Do all CLJ's have that?

We've got some old lj4's and lj5's that are holding up well, but they're not color...

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

Yes. One in a clear plastic box with no openings.
Or, just leave it in it's own box, and cut out a few slits for cable and paper. Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Yes. One in a clear plastic box with no openings.

Ummm... I would worry about that. Heat buildup...

I have some people here who put an LJ4000 in a cabinet, and nearly baked it. I took the cabinet doors off.

Just my 2¢
-Cole's Law: Shredded cabbage

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back