Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printers disappearing in Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mis25

MIS
Jul 16, 2001
US
I have a user whose printer disappear on an occasional basis. He has a HP 5650 attached locally and a couple of network printers installed as well and sometimes all of the printers will disappear. I have had him reboot the system and they seem to come back after a reboot but I was wondering if anyone had experienced this and maybe of a way to fix it. I did a search on google and some people had the same problems with a different OS like 98 but I couldn't find a fix for the printers to keep them from disappearing. Thanks in advance for help.

This tends to happen when resources run low. Add memory, or disable background applications from running on bootup. You can also disable services that you don't need. See

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back