Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printers and the find command

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamba

MIS
Apr 5, 2001
US
I have a SCO Open Server 5 and right now it is printing through a Novel server. I would like to change it to use a Windows 2000 or NT print server. How do I go about doing this?

Second question is what is the syntax for the find command?

Thanks in advance,

Andy Richards

arichards@bccz.com

Go to the nt-server and enable the lpd-service (makes the nt server behaves as a unix-print-server). You will find it under network neighbourhood (I think). The name of the service is either "Microsoft TCP/IP printing" or "Simple TCP/IP services". restart the server and share a printer that you wish to use.

After doing that go to the unix-server and run scoadmin, printer manager, add a remote unix printer.

If you see two printers in the printer manager afterwards. don´t be alarmed, it´s a bug which is harmless.

The syntax for the find command is.

find [path] [what you want to find]

for example.

find . -name whatever

which will search in the current directory and downwards for any file/directory with name whatever. /Sören

how about " find startingpoint -name whatever* -print " to define the starting point for the search rather than the period that says start at current place.
ex: find / -name default -print Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back