Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegman

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
Hi, I recently installed a 56K modem but now my printer doesn't work. I get an error messege "Trouble writing to LPT1".
1) I checked all settings (IRQ 7) and connections
2) I then uninstalled and disconnected the printer, then rebooted
3) Then reconnected, reinstalled and rebooted without success.

Any Ideas?
Thanks

What OS?
What are the addresses and IRQs for all ports (BIOS settings)?
Can you boot to DOS and check the printer? Off a floppy if necessary? Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Sounds as if this may be a conflict on the PC rather than the printer, go to a commad prompt ( start -> run and type command ) from the C:\ type DIR>LPT1 and see if this will allow you to print to your printer.

It would also be a goo didea to see what port your printer is set up as in the driver of the printer, could be that the port is set to something other than LPT1.

Delete and re-install the LPT1 port in the device manager of your PC My advice is limited to my personal opinion, and the information I have been provided with. Paul Melarkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back