Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer trying to print letter instead of A4 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mviltan

Technical User
Mar 27, 2001
GB
I'm using a compaq machine on win 2k on a netware network. The printer is an HP laser jet 4000 tn.

This PC used to print fine but now when i print it says insert letter.

I've check the following:

Regional settings
Printer settings in win 2000
Page setup
Printer settings on the printer
netware settings

and they all say A4 is there something i'm missing?

While you write that you have checked "Printer settings in Win 2000", have you checked ALL settings? I have known others caught by not setting both "Printing Preferences/Defaults" and "Settings". For Preferences goto General>Printing Preferences> and click the Advanced Button OR Advanced>Printing Defaults> and click the Advanced Button. For Settings you will also need to check under the Device Settings tab.

Finally, is the problem with ANY application or only while printing from a single application (or immediately after running a certain application). Some applications use their own defaults (not what is set within Windows) and will change the Windows defaults to suit themselves!

I hope this helps.

Thanks shane it was in the advanced settings! I should of looked there first, how stupid of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back