Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer stopped working after new monitoring program installation. Are my Firewall Settings blocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katrinnew

Technical User
Mar 8, 2005
US
Today at 7:31 PM

Dear Experts could you please give me a hand?

After somebody had installed a monitoring program into my PC, my Lexmark 2600 printer/scanner stopped working. My OS is Windows 7. As far as I know, the following resources were involved into the new program installation process:

REMOTE DESKTOP CONTROL
WINDOWS FIREWALLS SECURITY
VNC Server
iSPY

Windows troubleshooting message made me assume that it had happened because of the Windows Firewall Security settings blockage.
How can I unblock my Windows Fire settings and fix my printer /scanner work so that my monitoring program continue to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Katrin

I would try the following steps and see if the printer works after each:
1. Shut Down (not reboot) your computer and printer
2. Delete the printer from your PC, unplug printer & re-plug the printer back in and reinstall the printer

If those don't work, go to the monitoring software website to see if it needs to be updated or has a forums with the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back