Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmptrnerd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2001
US
I have a Windows 2000 Pro workstation that is a member of a NT4 Domain server, and I want to share a printer off the workstation. It seems that I have to create and account for each user on the 2000 Pro workstation, eventhough in the Security of the printer I have added the Domain Users Group to that printer. Is there a way to just be able to share printer through the Domain? Mark
mark@acsconsult.com

We have done this here and its a pretty simple task. what you have done is right can't understand why its not working.

Instead of giving the share permissions to Domain Users group try Everyone group or you can give it to different groups if you have it like that. Better to give the rights as Manage Documents rather than Print it saves you the difficulty of attending to each and every print problem.

this shud help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back