Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer setup Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrfyter71

Technical User
Dec 24, 2002
US
I have recently built a 2000 server and I cannot seem to get my printers to be seen by the server. The one printer is a 4100n and the other two are 4050 with a jetdirect box
I used the software that hp gave and went through printer setup neither one will see a printer. It seems to me that the server is not wanting to see any printers is there anything I am missing maybe something to do with AD??

i have experienced the same problem. you will need to add them as local printers.
Step 1. Ping the ip address of the printer from the server. if that doesnt work you have a network problem.

Step 2. install the hp jet direct software. you need the hp standard tcp/ip driver it installs, even if it doesnt work.

Step 3. open printers folder. open add printer. click on Local printer, uncheck auto detect and click next. click create a new port and select HP standard TCP/IP port. enter the ip address of the printer and click next. choose the appropriate driver, share the printer and you are done. Doomhamur
Network Engineer

"Certifications? we dont need no stinking certifiaction."

Thank you for the help I will try this the day after christmas when I got a little time.

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back