Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRINTER SETUP IN MICROS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

manelandrea

Programmer
Jul 10, 2017
PH
Hi,

I tried setting up the printer connected to my desktop from which the MICROS is installed. The remote printer is an EPSON U220B.

here are the steps I did to make it work:
[ul]
[li]I set up a roll printer in Devices, with a network node pointed to the remote printer ip address [/li]
[li]I chose the TCP/IP Interface type on the printer definition and printer type EPSON TM-200 Roll [/li]
[li]On the Printer Interface, I defined the ip address and port number. The port is on COM 1, is it correct that it's the port number?[/li]
[li]I selected the device I defined on the Order Devices form[/li]
[li]On the User Workstations=>Printers I selected the printer I defined on devices[/li]
[li]I tried running the confidence test Loopback test but it shows 100% failed, I believe there's something wrong in the configuration. Print test data also shows "Printer did no respond"[/li]
[/ul]

Would anyone know how to make this work? Thank you so much!

Assuming you have an TCP/IP based printer (you mentioned a COM port in your post), this is how it should be setup:

Don't setup a new network node for the printer - when creating the printer, the network node you specify must be a Win32 device that can run the printer controller service. Change this to the server network node on your printer.

General tab:

Device Type -> Roll Printer
Network Node -> Choose the server

Printer Definition tab:

Printer Interface Type -> TCP/IP Interface
Printer Type -> Epson TM-200 Roll

Line Feeds -> 10
Columns -> 40

Print to disk filename should be grayed out

Printer Interface tab:

Everything except IP Address : Port should be grayed out.
Assuming you have configured your printer's IP address as 192.168.100.1, you would set this to 192.168.100.1:9100
Note that you need to know what your subnet is configured as, and you must configure your printer to use an IP address in that subnet. If you need help with that, please ask - a more detailed post will be necessary.

And thats it. After that to use it as an order device you have to create an order device, set it as the device, and then configure your printer classes to use it.

The entire process of setting up one of these printers is a bit more than just configuring it.

Hi Moregelen!

Thank you so much for the quick reply as always! :)

I did the steps but still I am getting the "Cannot communicate with Print controller" when I tried to print a sample printline from my ISL.
Should I also set my port number to 9100 in Printer Interface? May I know the reason for it? the Epson printer is connected to another Windows PC from which I am trying to connect, I read somewhere that I need to have an IDN Adapter from the EPSON printer? Is it correct?

The subnet mask of the PC where the EPSON is connected is 255.255.255.0 so I also used that in the Network node configuration.

Ok - so what kind of printer do you have here.

There are IDN printer, COM printers, TCP/IP printers... what kind of printer do you actually have?

I think he has a TCP/IP printer.

@manelandrea,

U can ping to your printer IP address from your LAN network?
Did u assign order device (your remote printer) to your user WS (your desktop)?
Did u start the MICROS Print Controller service on your desktop?

Hi @NewComer01,

Yes, I can pint the printer IP address from our LAN network
Yes, I assigned the order device to my user WS
Yes, the MICROS Print Controller service is started on my desktop

May I know what have I missed from the steps?

When you try and print from ISL, which printer are you trying to print to? You have to specify in ISL which printer you want to print to. If you aren't specifying an order device, then you need to make sure you've set the printer in the uws settings.

If you are specifying an order device, did you make sure to set the redirection device to itself?

hi @Moregelen,

how can I specify in ISL which printer I want to print to? Thank you!

Regards,
Manel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back