Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Session in Client Access Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2002
US
Sorry about not being on topic, looked for an AS400 forum and this was as close as I could find.

I have been trying to determine why when I specify the Workstation ID in client access express while creating a printer session, sometimes I can get a printer defined as that name and sometimes it renames it to QPADEV003 (or something similar). As far as I can tell there were no devices using the name before I attempted to start the session, and it does setup a print queue with appropriate name. If I change the name I am using, sometimes everything works as expected and the printer is created.

Any ideas on where to look? We are in the process of moving from 36 emulation to native if that makes any difference.

When the 400 gives you a QPADEV* name, it was because a workstation id was not specified when the PC5250 session was established. I'd make sure that when you create a printer or display session and give it a workstation id, save the session. You can verify that the workstation id was saved, by viewing the .ws file with an editor. This file will, by default, get saved into the C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Emulator\Private folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back