Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer queue continues to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callahan

Technical User
Nov 21, 2001
GB
I have just installed a new printer for a selection of macs on a network. To install it I used the HP installation CD and when prompted for the Administrator password I entered the Admin username and password. The printer driver installs and everything is fine. Until a restart. After the mac restarts, when the users try to print from their mac to the printer queue the printer queue stops and cannot be restarted.

What am I doing wrong?

Neil.

Have you tried uninstalling and letting the OS find the printer out on the network. I've installed many printers both ways and had some that have done better by installing the disk supplied drivers and others that just do better the other way.

Also check for updated drivers or patches from HP could be a bug in the supplied drivers.

You might want to trash the plist/prefs for the printer located in Home folder, Library, Preferences. look for printing.preferences.plist or something like that.

Twist

===========================================
Everything will be OK in the end.
If it's not OK, then it's not the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back