Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer problems with Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mundell

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2000
US
Hello everyone need some help here I ran into a problem that some of my client computers using Terminal Server will not add there local printer so they are not able to print but majority of my client computers adds them fine the ones that does not I can not find out why everything is setup the same that I can tell and the printer drivers are added on the server. I am using Windows 2000 Server. Only thing I can tell is that most of the time it is on the Windows NT Operating system that I run into the problem. Anyone else run into this same kind of deal I tried adding the printer manually on the server by going into add new printer but it won't even find there ip or computer name. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Robb

The way Terminal server works is, it will take the users default printer from there workstation. when you setup a printer within Terminal services you must select the TS001 port. or it could be TS002..depends. The TS ports use the default printer thats installed on the users workstation..
(you probally already know this).

I have some NT clients that i have no problems with.

now I have just opened a thread. I am having problems with the users installing printers within terminal services. The only way it will let them install, is if there equal to admin then it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back