Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer paper tray selections

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBarrie

Technical User
Apr 15, 2002
GB
I have a problem on a Windows 2000 client PC when using a network printer which is shared from a Windows 2000 server.

When printing from Word if you choose a paper source other than the default one the application will ignore this and just print to the default tray defined in the printer properties. The only way to select a different tray is to change the default in the printer properties on the PC, which means you have no control within the application and can't specify different settings for different documents. Is there a solution to this? The same problem happens with different printers and different drivers.

I've had a similar experience when using network printers from NT4 servers. Had to set up separate printer queues on the server with each tray configuration and then install them on the workstations.

I was under the impression that active directories on Win2k server sorted this out, but I'm afraid I have no relevant experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back