Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Mapping Failure for One User

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey2009

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2009
GB
We currently host a system internally using Citrix, which our staff connect to via the web client. For one user all of a sudden, they are no longer able to see any of their printers (local or LAN connected) in the Citrix session.

I've tried giving them a new logon profile, yet cannot get it to work. If the user remains logged into the PC and I use a standard test account to log into the Citrix web interface, it works fine. However when the test account is logged off and the user logs back in, it states "No printer drivers installed".

The problem follows the user on different PCs, where it will work for other users.

Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Have you checked what group policies are being applied to your user?

In cases where things like this stop working for one person and not another, then quite often it can be a group policy restricting something for the user, its worth using the RSOP tool to check which policies are being applied to the user, as opposed to your test user which is working ok.

Everything else should be centrally controlled so will work for everyone or nobody, if you see what i mean!

Could this be Citrix client based? Nothing stored locally in the profile of that user which could have restricted mapping of printers?

Chris

The print services for Citrix are controlled through policy and it previously worked for this user, however suddenly stopped.

I've now resolved the problem by altering and removing drivers, plus a re-boot of all servers in the farm. I can't say what fixed it for definite, but all seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back