Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer List 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krullms

MIS
Aug 5, 2005
US
Can someone tell me the easiest way to populate a combobox with a list of installed printers?

thanks
-mike

Hi,

The Access Dev Handbook series (getz et al)for the version of Access you are using will help - alot. There is a lot of code with getting the list of values and then using the selected printer for output (I presume this is why you want the list). The handbooks have hassle-free forms & code that can inserted into your system.

A word of warning: I found it unworkable when using thin client architectures (where access was running remotely and we use Access through a presentation client). The printer names only made sense at the thin client, not the server instance of Access and so was not workable. Their solution did work well on local applications.

Cheers

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back