Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer jobs show different owner? User can't cancel!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnee

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2004
US
I posted this in a reply to a different post but am hoping that someone will read this and have an answer?

On user A's computer, when she sends a print job, to any printer, it says I'm the owner (Tawnee)? Not user A- therefore, user A can't cancel print jobs and doesn't receive print notifications... they come to me :)

Now... on user A's computer, I removed all printers, rebooted, logged in as admin, deleted all printers, removed MY (Tawnee) profile completely, and rebooted. Logged back in as user A, reinstalled printers and they still showed me as the owner?

Has anyone seen this before or know how to rectify it? I'm tired of getting her print notifications :) or canceling her print jobs :)

are you in a domain or a workgroup?

if workgroup, how is the printer shared and accessed on PC A?
you can add the guest account to the printer permissions to allow anyone to print without having to authenticate to the PC/printer spool

Aftertaf

getting quite good at sorting out Windows problems...
An expert when it comes to crashing Linux distributions (mdk, debian - nothing withstands me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back