Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caren

Technical User
Aug 12, 2000
US
The help screen suggest not selecting a specific printer. What does that mean? How do I do that? When I enter print set up my HP printer is automatically there. I do not have a check in the "default properties" box. Should I have? I am on SCR 7.0 working with SQL tables and ODBC drivers. I compile reports to a directory that others can access. I have the opening screen set to "preview in window". Users who are printing to a network printer or printer other than local HP are haveing problems of not seeing their printers available in the printer setup in the preview window. The only way they can get their printer is to go back out to the opening screen, change to "print directly to printer" then change the printer options to select their printer. Then change back to priview in window. Then their printer is there. Is there anything I can do to make life easier for them?

Caren: Before saving your report go to Print Setup. There you will find an option for No Printer. If you select this then your report will not assume the default printer of your machine and your clients would be able to select their own David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back