Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer is slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary8877

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2006
CA
Printer is printing slow.
Printer has been working fine but since Feb 5
The syslog shows:
FEB 5 17:42:07 NGXXXXX SYSLOG: SCOADM: LOCALHOST {SCO_NETWORKSPOOLER} {LPD} ERR
OR SCO_OFACE_MSG_ERROR {ERROR {{SCO_OSA_ERR_PROCESSING_FAILURE {GENERAL FAILURE
OCCURED IN PROCESSING THE REQUEST.}} {SCO_PRINTER_OSA_ERR_RLP_NOT_INSTALLED {THE
TCP/IP RLP REMOTE PRINTING PACKAGE IS NOT INSTALLED.}}}}

Now printing slowly. Dont have the luxury of knowing what changed in that time.

SYSTEM = SCO_SV
RELEASE = 3.2V5.0.4

Any ideas? Where to start looking?

Is the slow printer local or remote?

Would suspect that the print system is bogged down trying to sort out the issues, but have never fought this issue and have limited 4 experience.

Have you deleted it and reinstalled?

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

This is a remote printer - RLP. It wasnt reinstalled. If you can guide me where to look for more errors that might be helpful. What processes can I check that should be running?

Thanks.

How is the printer acting on the machine it is attached to? Slowness there will be reflected back to the current machine. But the error messages are more indicative of a local rlp issue.

You might want to delete the printer, delete the RLP, then reinstall RLP then the printer. Since rlp is depending on stuff in both computers you probably would do it on the printer's host machine first. The last error line indicates that the remote machine has lost something in the package.

My rlp experience is with 0.5 so any advice must be taken in that context. In that version deleting and reinstalling is running mkdev rlp from root. The systems seem to be happy ripping it off and putting it back on.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back