Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printer error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissanc

Technical User
Jul 25, 2001
US
Does anyone have information on HP Laserjet IIP+ error 52. HP says to try to reset power, or it may be a scanner problem?? Pressing 'continue' on the keypad resets the error, but it just returns as the printer tries to print again.

Does paper feed thru? Does it sound like paper is trying to feed thru?
Can't remember the error codes , but I think it is a failure to pick up the paper correctly. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

It sounds like the paper is starting to feed, but it actually does not feed into the printer, the error code flashes, and the paper stops feeding.

If the printer is old the the rubber or cork pads that grip the paper and feed it in could be worn. It is very common. They can be replaced by a technician.

The rubber feed rolls and the cork pressure plate can be replaced. Doesn't take a technician, you can do it with a minimum of common sense.
Parts are available on e-bay, search for HPII , should be several listings for repair parts at a cost of around 15.00. Install instructions generally come with the parts. Requires a medium phillips screwriver and a little courage. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back