Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer error "rembak: errno = 4"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stairwick

Technical User
Apr 7, 2005
US
I have 2 remote print queues set up on AIX 5.1.0.0, maintence level 4. The remote servers are windows xp or windows 2000. Whenever I do an lpstat I get an error message:

(Warning) 0781-375 Connection to server failed.
rembak: errno = 4: A system call received an interrupt.

It is not consistent however. Sometimes the lpstat runs fine and somtimes it hangs.

I looked at some of the old posts in this forum and the people who had this problem were working on AIX 4.3. The suggestion was that they needed the newer bos.rte.printers filesets. Would that be the case in this situation or could there be another problem? The current version of bos.rte.printers on the machine is 5.1.0.50.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

I generally blame the Windows people for this and see what happens. Might try to make a new print queue to the same host and see if it breaks/whatnot. I use enq -qPqueuename but that is probably preference. Try stopsrc -s qdaemon;startsrc -s qdaemon, or enq -d to redigest the qconfig.

I do want to point out that I don't really know what I am doing, I am just the guy who didn't step backwards when printer SMEs were called for.

IBM Certified -- AIX 4.3 Obfuscation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back