Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Driver for dbase 3+ using windows xp and AI0 dell printer A940

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbanger

Technical User
Jul 8, 2004
US
OK, I know I must have come over on Noah's Ark, but I have been using Dbase III+ for a long time. I have it running on my Dell Dimenson 8250, but I can't print to my Dell AIO A940 printer/scanner. The unit has a USB cable. Is there any hope for making this combination work.

Is EXCELL basically the same as Dbase? I've never used it, so I don't know.

If someone can help me with this I will surely appreciate it.

Thank-you for your response.

dBaseIII+ doesn't know anything about a USB port - only LPT. I'm pretty sure there's a workararound but it's not done thru dBase. Check ou the WIndowsXP forum - I think that's where I saw it.

Excel IS NOT ANYTHING like dBaseIII+. It's just a visual spreadsheet. If you're looking to upgrade to a WIndows database product, you'll probably like Visual Foxpro better than anything else on the market. You'll be able to use a lot of your procedures and functions there and the learning curve will be higher - IMHO.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back