Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer driver corruption 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlodoep

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2003
ZA
Hi, there are certain metaframe servers in the farm that cannot print HP4050 printers.
I have tried to re-install the drivers using the CMC but no joy.

Also when I add the printer locally to the affected server, it works. But when printing via the cluster the error appears " Printer properties cannot be displayed etc would u like to install the printer".
I am thinking of deleting all instances of that driver, but I am scared that it will affect other printers.
I am running Metaframe XP FR2.
Cheers

Remove the driver on all servers via "start, settings, printers, file, server properties, drivers tab.
Then add the driver the same way, and make sure you use the one from the win2k cdrom called "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL".
If needed add client side mappings for it via the CMC.

Stefan

I was looking at the DeskJet Mappings on your site and there's one listed "HP DeskJet portable series pinter". I'm assuming this is just a typo, yes?

If you could email me via my website I can keep you updated with any successful driver mappings I find. I just don't want you to post your email on this thread, as SPAM would surely follow.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Stefan, I will try and delete the driver asap (as soon as I can get some of the users off the box)and let u know.

Patrick, I am not quite sure what u mean't by that reply...
Which driver mappings are u referring to?

Sorry if I missed the boat but I think that went straight over my head.

Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back