Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printer driver 6 inch fanfold paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterasf

Technical User
Jul 1, 2002
BE
We recently installed Win 2000 on one of our systems. We use this system to print 6" tickets on an Epson dot-matrix printer using the ESC/P2 control codes. On earlier Windows (W98) versions the paper-size could be 'user-defined' and set to 6" high x 9.5" wide. In the drivers supplied by Microsoft and Epson this option is disabled.

Who can help us ?

Thanks

Peter (All the way from Belgium)

The page length can be set by a command to the printer in the document for my Panasonic KX-P1091i dot matrix printer (the documentation was in the printer manual). Your epson should be capable of this as well. For me, doc reads:

Sets page length in inches
ESC+C+0+n
Code: 27,67,0,n dec 1B,43,00,n hex
Input format: lprint chr$(27)+"C"+chr$(0)+chr$(n);

Upon receipt, the present line position becomes the top of page position. The value of n must be in the range 1<=n<=22. ESC C 0 n releases the VT, VFU and skip perforation settings. The page length does not change even if the paper feed amount is changed. The terms &quot;form&quot; and &quot;page&quot; are interchangable.

If you can find the doc to your printer, you may find information such as this. If not, contact epson. They may be able to provide you with this type of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back