Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer does not print intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees23

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
US
I am finding that my printer puts itself in an "offline" status on its own; referring to the printers/faxes in the control panel. In a "ready" status it will print every time. The printer is a Lexmark 3200, OS is Windows XP Home Edition 2002 SP 2, computer EMachine T6212. This problem occures only with this new computer, I was running Windows 98 First Ed before. Any idea why this printer is putting itself in an "offline" status?

how is the printer connected? lpt port or USB? if lpt it could be that you may need to change from standard to ECP, etc. you might refer to the manual regarding setting the lpt modes. setting the mode is done in the BIOS, not in windows. however, if you do change modes, be sure to remove/redetect the printer in windows.

I'm not familiar with lpt. I'm familiar with USB and serial ports. Mine is a serial port connection.

Thx

firstly, lpt = serial.

secondly, jimp56's advice is spot on.

thirdly, if that doesn't work, contact Lexmark, this seems as if it would be a common complaint.

Daniel.

If you go in the printers properties you should be able to set the printer from spooling printing to print imediately
That should speed things up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back