Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAP

Programmer
May 8, 2000
GB
Is there a way of telling (eg. via a registry key or .ini file) if a particular (network) printer has colour printing capabilities.

Why - I need to generate a crystal report that outputs our company logo in colour if using a colour printer, but in solid black (NOT grayscale) if using a non-colour printer.

go to the Network, double click on the Server or what ever is sharing the printers, when you see the printer you want, double click on it, and go to the menu for...Printer->Document Defaults, in here you can see the options for colour or not...
If you are still not sure, do a test page from the same window and see if it has colour or not, all printers with colour will do the test page in colour, the ones without wont!! Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. I need to be able to tell if I have a colour printer available from within an application I am writing, Ie. the application needs to be able to work it out without human intervention. Thanks anyway KeyTech

Read up about the DEVMODE structure. That contains all sortsof useful bumph. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back