Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

..printer description file is not currently installed: A generic ppd..

Status
Not open for further replies.

njxbean

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2003
US
I am receiving this message when i try to print. "Fiery XJ Copier-M Color Server v2015.802 printer description file is not currently installed: A generic ppd will be used." I do not have this printer in my office. Also, for that particular printer style, i have another printer driver selected, for which the driver i know is on my compter. Where is it getting the Fiery XJ Copier from? I am confused and baffled.

Is it giving you that message for just one of your files? And was that file sent to you from someone else? If so then they must have a Fiery XJ Copier, I have found that after I print a document that is doing that to my printer description and save the file the next time I open the file I don't recieve that message anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back